Alberta Express Entry Stream
Alberta Express Entry Stream is the new Express Entry Stream which allows the province of Alberta to nominate eligible candidates from the Canada Express Entry Pool. Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Express Entry Stream will nominate the limited number of selected candidates according to their criteria from the Government of Canada’s Express Entry pool.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) says it will target the Express Entry candidates who have strong ties to Alberta or who can help support the government’s economic development and diversification priorities.
The Express Entry candidates who are nominated by a Canadian province will receive 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence of Canada in a subsequent draw from the Express Entry candidate pool.
International graduates who have completed their studies in Canada. A Canadian post-secondary institution may also be considered under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
How the AINP selects Express Entry Candidates
The Foreign nationals can only apply to the Alberta Express Entry stream after receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from Alberta. The eligible candidates will be contacted directly by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) through their Express Entry profile. The Express Entry candidates who receive an invitation or Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can submit an application for a provincial nomination under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) will select the eligible candidates based on the self-declared information in their Express Entry profile.
The Candidates may receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) if they have the following:
- They must have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool;
- They must have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta;
- They must be working in an occupation which supports the province of Alberta’s economic development and
- They must have a minimum CRS score of 300.
In addition, the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is more likely to select the candidates with one or more adaptability factors. The candidate must have the following:
- They must have a valid Alberta job offer and/or work experience; and/or
- They must be a graduate of an Alberta post-secondary institution with a valid Alberta job offer; and/or
- They must have a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident and living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.
The candidates must receive an email request to submit an application to apply under Alberta Express Entry Stream. The Following are the factors that may decrease the chances of receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter includes:
- An Express Entry profile that expires in 3 months or less than this
- The work in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment list;
- Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupationslist; or
- That has a high volume of submissions across all Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) stream.