Express Entry – Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience ClassCanadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers for those who have Canadian Work Experience and want to become permanent residents.


Minimum Requirements for Eligibility:

  • Must meet the required Language Levels for each language abilities of
    • Reading
    • Writing
    • Speaking
    • Listening
  • Must have at least 1 year of Skilled Work Experience in Canada   in the last 3 years before you apply and work experience must be the following:
  • Must have gained your work experience by working in Canada legally
  • According to the Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC) for Skilled work experience means the following:
    • The Managerial Jobs which is Skill level 0
    • The Professional Jobs which is Skill type A
    • The Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades which is Skill type B

Your work experience can be in 1 or more National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B jobs. You must show that you performed duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description In the NOC which includes all the necessary duties and most of the duties listed.

Note: The work experience you gained while you were a full-time student such as co-op work term and self-employment doesn’t count under this program.

Education for Canadian Experience Class


Canadian Experience Class doesn’t require any Education but if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry Pool for immigration purposes then they are 2 following ways:

  • If you went to School in Canada then you will get points for your Certificate, Degree, and Diploma from a Canadian.
    • The Secondary Institution/High School or
    • The Post-Secondary Institution


  • If you have a foreign education then you will get points for the below:
    • A completed foreign credential and
    • For Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a designated organization like WES or IQAS for immigration purposes showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, degree, diploma from a Canadian:
      • The Secondary Institution/High School or
      • The Post-Secondary Institution
Language requirement for Canadian Experience Class
Language Ability

Language Ability

You must meet the following:

  • Must meet the minimum language level  of:
    • The Canadian language benchmark seven (7) for NOC O or A jobs or
    • The Canadian language benchmark five (5) for NOC B jobs
  • You must take an approved language test for the following:
    • Reading
    • Writing
    • Listening
    • Speaking
  • Please mention the test results in your Express Entry Profile.

Note: Please make sure that your language test results are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for a permanent residence.


You must be admissible to Canada

What it means to be inadmissible: Some people are not allowed to come to Canada; they are inadmissible under Canadian immigration law as a Canadian immigration officer will decide that if you can enter Canada when you are applying for a visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or when you arrive at a port of entry.

If you are inadmissible to Canada: You won’t allow entering the country, if you have a valid genuine reason to travel to Canada then the officer will be justified in the circumstances, they may issue you a temporary resident permit.

Penalties for driving while impaired: If you drive while impaired by drugs or alcohol then you will be inadmissible for a serious crime which means you won’t be able to enter Canada or stay unless they issue you a temporary resident permit. You will also have to pay the CAN $200 processing fee for the permit and still there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to enter or stay in Canada.


Where you can live in Canada: you must plan to live outside the province of Quebec as the province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers. If you plan to live in Quebec then you must be Quebec selected skilled worker

Get assessed by the province or territory

You will likely have to go to the province or territory to be assessed for your trade and you may also need an employer in Canada to give you training and experience. To learn more about getting assessed you should go to the website of the body that governs trades for the province where you would like to work and live but the process is different, depending on where you want to go. Each website has more details about qualifications and certificates to work in that territory in a specific skilled trade and what you have to do to get one.

If your trade is not regulated by a province that may be federally regulated for example (Airplane Mechanic) you can find out who regulates your trade by visiting the website of the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials

Next Steps:

 About Us

Canada Visas Information – Latest information on Immigration updates, Information, Developments, and Articles pertaining to Immigration of Canada

 Contact Us

Copyright © 2022 by – All Rights Reserved.